Friday, September 01, 2006

BET Sucks!!!

I read this crap off The Wikipedia website.

I had a friend of mine who knew the head of programming at BET years ago. That person told me that the man said that unless the women in the rap vidoes were mostly light-skinned and that the video was about "booty-shakin' and drug dealin' " that he wouldn't allow the video on the cable network.

When I heard that, I said, "DAMN, that's f*cked up!"

I know you're supposed to read Wikipedia with "a grain of salt," but if this is true, then BET TRULY SUCKS!!



Here's the quote:

"In 2005, BET allegedly released to employees a list of banned music videos and artists deemed "too intelligent" and not relevant to its intended audience of young black teenagers. This list included popular Hip-Hop acts such as Dead Prez, Little Brother, Talib Kweli, and others."

Here's another one:

"In 2005, BET banned Little Brother's video "Lovin' It" from the album The Minstrel Show. BET's program director commented that this was because the video was "too intelligent" for their target audience."



If this is true, then F*CK BET!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home